Today I am starting with the Red grade of clean code development.
The principles are:
- Don’t Repeat Yourself (DRY)
- Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS)
- Beware of optimization
- Favour Composition over Inheritance (FCoI)
And the practices:
- Follow the Boy Scouts Rule
- Root Causes Analysis
- Use a Version Control System
- Apply Simple Refactoring Patterns
- Reflect Daily
As you can see, the principles and practices of this grade are not very complicated. The idea is too fully understand and know them, bringing them to everyday’s work and ultimately to master each of them. This is important since this are the bedrock for the next grades.
More detailed info at clean-code-developer.com/Red-Grade.ashx